Friday, July 31, 2026

Everything is a win when the goal is to experience

 

   Unfortunately, I've had the worst summer of my life. I applied to my dream summer job just as school was ending this past spring and was elated to find out that I was accepted. I thought it would be a perfect way to keep busy, make money, and connect with new people while I was off of school. Much to my surprise, things did not go as planned. I faced bullying and sexual harassment from a group of girls that were my coworkers. They made the job absolutely miserable for me, and I started questioning my worth like I never have before. 

   Fortunately, they ended up being let go before the summer was over for illegal activity. However, they have continued, even months later, to post cryptic Instagram notes, as 19 year old girls do, insulting me to no end. 

   As I faced their harsh words daily I found it difficult to hold onto happiness. Genuinely, what kept a smile on my face (and kept me from quitting my job) was the quote, "Everything is a win when the goal is to experience." I set it as my laptop background and recited it in my head when things got tough. It reminded me to take a minute to appreciate the incredible circumstances that led to me being alive and put some much needed perspective on how privileged I am to being experiencing anything at all. Things seemed more bearable when I shifted my mindset to this and I realized that this was just another small experience in the grand scheme of my life. And, of course, the whole situation would give me an interesting story full of illegal actions and perseverance (bright side ;p)!!

   I just wanted to share this in the hopes that it might help someone the way that it helped more, or, can at least, help give you a more positive outlook. 

   Thanks so much for reading, stay positive!

4 comments:

  1. ugh girl i’m so sorry this happened but your blog is so cute and your attitude is so positive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry girl!! i'm hoping this upcoming year will be a million times better for you, sending lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete